Ask Adam & Company a question

I’ve created my payment as a Faster Payment. Can I change it to a CHAPS payment?

You can change a Faster Payment to a CHAPS payment unless it has the status of processing or executed. For Business users, if the payment has been approved and is pending, it will need to go through the approval process again once the change has been made.

  • Select Payments and Transfers
  • Select Payment Overview
  • Select the payment you wish to change
  • Select Amend Payment
  • Select Payment Method - CHAPS
  • Enter the additional Payee References if required
  • Select Next

The payment will need to be approved before it can be processed.

Was this answer useful?